Vision and mission
The direction and development strategy for the University of Sahid Jakarta cannot be separated from the (corporate culture) Sahid Jaya Foundation for Welfare, Education and Social Affairs. Educational institutions under the auspices of the Sahid Jaya Foundation make Pancasila, which is the philosophy of state and culture, as their foundation. As an institution founded by Javanese people, the culture on which it is based is very characteristic of the educational institutions under its auspices.
In addition to Pancasila as the foundation of the state, several philosophies are also used as a foundation for culture. Nationality and religion are the basis of education. The philosophy of the work relationship that becomes the foundation is togetherness and kinship, Tri character Budi Luhur (taqwa to God Almighty, devoted to parents and love family and profession) as the philosophy of life, Tri Pakarti Utama (Ing Ngarso Sung Tulodho, Ing Madyo Mangun Karso , Tut Wuri Handayani) as a leadership philosophy, Science - Amal Soleh as an educational philosophy characterized by entrepreneurship and development, and Tri Darma as a devotion philosophy (rumang samelu handarbeni, obliged to go hangrungkebi, mulat sarira hangroso wani; meaning to feel belonging, obliged to take care of , dare to correct and introspective).
"To become a superior university characterized by tourism and entrepreneurship".
The following is a further explanation of the meaning of the institution's vision so that it is in line with the perception of the long-term development direction of Sahid University Jakarta and facilitates understanding of the academic community, including the stakeholders involved.
A superior university is a college that meets compliance in order to produce excellent graduates. Excellent graduates mean: graduates have competence in knowledge, skills and attitudes (religious).
Tourism is all activities related to tourism and is multidimensional and multidisciplinary in nature which emerge as a manifestation of the needs of every person and country as well as interactions between the community, government and entrepreneurs. (Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 10. Year 2009 concerning Tourism).
Entrepreneurship is the whole activity in order to instill a person's spirit, attitude, behavior and ability in handling a business or activity that leads to an effort to find, create, apply work methods and technology, and new products by increasing efficiency in order to provide better service and benefits. bigger (Presidential Instruction No. 4 of 1995 concerning the National Movement to Socialize and Cultivate Entrepreneurship).
In order to achieve the vision, the missions of Sahid University are:
- Organizing healthy university governance (good university governance) and implementing university autonomy.
- Carrying out higher education through a quality education and teaching system characterized by tourism and entrepreneurship.
- Carrying out research and community service activities characterized by tourism and entrepreneurship.
The goals to be achieved by Sahid University Jakarta based on its vision and mission are:
- Realizing Sahid University as a university with healthy governance.
- Produce graduates who are competent in their fields with tourism and entrepreneurship excellence.
- Produce useful science and technology with the advantages of tourism and entrepreneurship.
- Providing academic services following digital developments.
- Developing national and international cooperation in realizing a superior USAHID.
From the above objectives, the goals of Sahid University are:
- The management of the academic system is always accountable every year.
- Maximum stakeholder satisfaction at all times.
- The waiting period for graduates in getting a job or doing business is a maximum of 6 months after graduation.
- The quality of the competence of teaching staff and education personnel is increasing all the time.
- The quality of the education and teaching process is improving over time.
- Every year scientific activities in the field of tourism and entrepreneurship increase.
- Cooperation activities of government and private institutions and related stakeholders develop every year.
- Every year, community-oriented student activities increase.